Youth Development Program (YDP) Summer
May 12 – September 8, 2018
Pineview Park Schedule:
What to bring:
*YDP Plus is an additional weekly training session for interested (and already registered) YDP players led by Club Head Coach Raz El-Asmar. NOTE: there is an additional registration cost of $95. Program runs May 18- Aug. 31, 2018.
South-Central (Orlando Park) Schedule: (Begins May 19)
|Age Group||Day and Time|
|Boys and Girls born in ’07- ’14 (U4-U11)||Saturday, 9 – 10am|
A friendly reminder: Parents, it’s okay to be loud, but be proud and be positive. And no coaching from the sidelines please!
- Registering at our South-Central (Orlando Park) site? For players aged U4-U5, sessions are Saturday mornings only. For players aged U6-U11 you can select:
- 1 session/week on Saturday (at Orlando Park) only, or
- 1 session/week on Saturday (at Orlando Park) with a 2nd session (a weeknight game night) at Pineview Park, according to the schedule above.
Check out our Program Description for more info.
- Picture Day: Saturday, June 23. Photos will be taken during Saturday’s regular YDP sessions. Please wear your YDP uniform! To order photos, please print the order form and bring it with you. You can pay with cash or cheque.
- YDP Summer Break will be from June 30 – July 15 (sessions resume July 16); there are NO sessions during this break!
- End of Summer BBQ & Festival: Saturday, September 8
To register for our YDP Summer Program, please click >>> REGISTER NOW
** If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org **
Register before March 31, 2018 and receive additional training sessions in April for FREE! Check out the schedule and more information.
Bring a friend, new to Cap U, and you receive a 10% discount when your friend registers and pays! (email email@example.com to request the discount)
We play and train, rain or shine (but not in lightning!). However, the YDP Summer includes a short break from June 30 – July 15.
Main Site = Pineview Park: just off Beaverpond Drive (behind John Paul II School, 1500 Beaverpond Dr.)
South Site = Orlando Park: 2347 Orlando Ave. (Alta Vista & Heron area)
As a reminder, the YDP is intended to help kids develop soccer skills and have lots of fun. Our learning environment is always positive. League teams are based on a players’ individual skills rather than strictly their age. Over the first three sessions of the season, we will make adjustments to teams and player placements based on the player’s abilities. The number of players per team will vary from 10-14.
Our goal is to provide instruction on proper soccer techniques and then give players the opportunity to apply them in small-sided games. The smaller number of players on the field permits each child to maximize touches on the soccer ball. This reinforces their training, and improves their skills and confidence with the soccer ball.
Please note: we endeavour to hand out the YDP player kits (uniform, ball, etc) within the first few weeks of the start of the program. This doesn’t always happen, but we try our best!
News and Notes