Youth Development Program (YDP) Summer
May 27* – September 9**, 2017
** Updated June 13, 2017
* Updated May 18 (due to City of Ottawa field closures) — check your email for more info!
What to bring:
*YDP Plus is an additional weekly training session for interested (and already registered) YDP players led by Club Head Coach Raz El-Asmar. NOTE: there is an additional registration cost of $95.
- NEW! There ARE sessions June 17! This is a schedule change.
- Picture Day: Saturday, June 24. Photos will be taken during Saturday’s regular YDP sessions. Please wear your YDP uniform! To order photos, please click on the links: http://capitalsportsphoto.com/
individual-member and http://capitalsportsphoto.com /orderform.pdf You can pay via credit card or bring a cheque to Saturday’s sessions
- YDP Summer Break will be from July 1-16 (sessions resume July 17); there are NO sessions during this break! NOTE: Break now starts July 1st (Happy Canada Day!) AND we have added an additional week to our program (it will now end on September 9)
- End of Summer BBQ & Festival: Saturday, September 9 – NEW DATE!
To register for our YDP Summer Program, please click >>> REGISTER NOW
** If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com **
Register before March 31, 2017 and receive additional training sessions in April for FREE! Check out the schedule and more information.
Bring a friend, new to Cap U, and you receive a 10% discount when your friend registers and pays! (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the discount) (this discount begins in 2018; the 2017 discount is $10)
We play and train, rain or shine (but not in lightning!). However, the YDP Summer includes a short break from July 1-16.
All training and games take place at the southeast corner of Pineview Park, just off Beaverpond Drive (behind John Paul II School, 1500 Beaverpond Dr.).
As a reminder, the YDP is intended to help kids develop soccer skills and have lots of fun. Our learning environment is always positive. League teams are based on a players’ individual skills rather than strictly their age. Over the first three sessions of the season, we will make adjustments to teams and player placements based on the player’s abilities. The number of players per team will vary from 10-14.
Our goal is to provide instruction on proper soccer techniques and then give players the opportunity to apply them in small-sided games. The smaller number of players on the field permits each child to maximize touches on the soccer ball. This reinforces their training, and improves their skills and confidence with the soccer ball.
Please note: we endeavour to hand out the YDP player kits (uniform, ball, etc) within the first few weeks of the start of the program. This doesn’t always happen, but we try our best!
News and Notes
Check out some pictures from YDP & Year-End Festival Summer 2014